Mission: Assist SFCWA member agencies in assuring a sufficient reliable and high quality water supply for their customers through the development and execution of the Science program and Habitat Conservation program to improve the Delta Ecosystem and assist the SWP and CVP in meeting operational objectives. This mission shall be pursued utilizing the following implementing strategies:
As directed by the SFCWA Board of Directors, the SFCWA will pursue the following 2013-2014 objectives in support of its mission.
Delta Governance and Water Management
8. In coordination with member agencies monitor and engage effectively with activities of the Delta Conservancy, Central Valley Flood Protection Board, Delta Science Program, Delta Regional Monitoring Program, Delta Independent Science Board, and Interagency Ecological Program.
9. Seek partnerships with the Conservancy and others to advance habitat improvement in the Delta. Support the growth of the Delta Conservancy’s capacity to develop and manage habitat projects.
10. Assist member agencies in responding to water management and scientific developments.
11. Assist member agencies in supporting solutions related to Suisun Marsh.
12. Maintain coordination efforts with statewide and regional water interests regarding strategies to recover salmonid stocks.
13. Seek proposals for Board consideration of a study of the use of Delta geometry changes and hydraulic operations as a tool to manage Delta water quality. Present a recommendation to the Board by May of 2013.
14.Develop a research plan for Science Program funding, that identifies priority projects, their relevance to SFCWA, how the results will be used by SFCWA, and a description of each project including estimated costs and completion dates.
15.Continue collaborative efforts with Delta science entities to improve monitoring, assessment and reporting of Bay Delta monitoring and research results through the facilitation of the California Estuary Monitoring Workgroup and data portal.
16.Participate in and support science conference forums and work efforts to increase mutual collaboration and understanding among entities engaged in Delta Science.
(note: annual review of objectives annually on or about August Board meeting)